- As a member, you can apply for this $200 grant once a year to offset the costs of a volunteer project created by you to benefit a nonprofit organization or cause of your choice
- We encourage you to apply at least 60 days before the project, but we welcome your application at anytime
- If approved, you will receive a Difference Maker Kit including T-shirts, a banner and supplies to make your project a success
- You are encouraged to rally your friends, family and community members to help with the project – volunteers are not required to be members of Royal Neighbors
- As the leader of this project, we ask that you track the number of volunteer hours generated from the project and submit a final report within 10 days following the completion of the project. Submitting the final report on time will also enter you into a random drawing to win an additional $500 for your cause/organization!
Projects can be a fund-raiser, service activity, or educational event. For example, you can host a project that:
- Supports a grassroots cause that makes a positive social impact in your community
- Supports a charitable cause that specifically helps women or girls
- Provides leadership, development, or financial literacy opportunities for women, girls, or other community groups
- Funds cannot be used as a direct monetary contribution to an organization, nor can multiple members apply to receive a grant for the same project during the same year
- Funds must be used within the calendar year awarded unless prior approval was received from the Home Offices
- Funds will be awarded at the sole discretion of Royal Neighbors
- Members are eligible for this program once per calendar year
Member programs are provided at the discretion of Royal Neighbors of America and are not available in all states. They are not part of any insurance or annuity contract and are not guaranteed. Insurance or annuity products should not be purchased for eligibility or maintenance of nonguaranteed membership programs. These products should only be purchased if they meet the financial needs of the applicant. Member programs are available at no extra cost.