Royal Neighbors of America recognizes that our members could be faced at any time with medical expenses as a result of illness/personal injury or damage to their homes and personal property as a result of an unforeseen disaster. In the true meaning of “fraternalism,” the Society established a Fraternal Fund in 1921 to provide financial assistance to qualifying Royal Neighbors members affected by such adversities.
Fraternal Aid may be considered for eligible members of the Society experiencing “extreme” cases of financial need due to an illness/personal injury not covered by insurance or extensive property loss/damage not covered by insurance resulting from specific disasters. An extreme case of need is determined on an individual basis by considering out-of-pocket expenses (gross expenses incurred, less reimbursement from any relief agency, insurer, or other source), loss of income, and loss not covered by insurance.
- Adult or Youth active beneficial member (An active beneficial member is insured by or is the owner of an annuity or settlement contract with Royal Neighbors of America. An active beneficial member is one who is not currently on Extended Term Insurance (ETI).
- Extreme case of need due to:
- Serious illness
- Personal injury
- Extensive property loss/damage as a result of a disaster
- Disasters include: flood, hurricane, earthquake, tornado, fire, lightening, or other catastrophic weather event
- Only damage/loss to structure and contents of an inhabited family dwelling will be considered (Loss/damage of automobiles, campers/trailers, driveways, landscaping, businesses, outbuildings, and food will not be considered.)
- Applications must be received at the Home Office within six (6) months from the date of onset of illness/personal injury or disaster
- Only those expenses/losses not covered by insurance or other relief agencies (FEMA, Red Cross, etc.) will be considered
- Fraternal Aid shall not be awarded to an eligible beneficial member more than once annually
- Fraternal Aid will be distributed to qualified applicants until the annual fund is exhausted
Members may choose from two payment options:
- Option #1: Payment sufficient to specifically cover the insurance premium of the applying member’s certificate, not to exceed $200
- Option #2: Cash payment up to $200 paid to the applying eligible active beneficial member
You can apply through our online application system.
Member benefits are provided at the discretion of Royal Neighbors of America and are not available in all states. They are not part of any insurance or annuity contract and are not guaranteed.